[[!meta date="2007-08-27 21:52:18 +0000"]] I upgrades from 1.40 to 2.6.1. I ran "ikiwiki --setup" using my existing ikiwiki.setup configuration. I had many errors like: /home/bsdwiki/www/wiki/wikilink/index.html independently created, not overwriting with version from wikilink BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 5) line 129. and: failed renaming /home/bsdwiki/www/wiki/smileys.ikiwiki-new to /home/bsdwiki/www/wiki/smileys: Is a directory BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 5) line 129. Probably about six errors like this. I worked around this by removing the files and directories it complained about. Finally it finished. > As of version 2.0, ikiwiki enables usedirs by default. See > [[tips/switching_to_usedirs]] for details. --[[Joey]] >> I read the config wrong. I was thinking that it showed the defaults even though commented out >> (like ssh configs do). I fixed that part. --JeremyReed My next problem was that ikiwiki start letting me edit without any password authentication. It used to prompt me for a password but now just goes right into the "editing" mode. The release notes for 2.0 say password auth is still on by default. > It sounds like you have the anonok plugin enabled? >> Where is the default documented? My config doesn't have it uncommented. The third problem is that when editing my textbox is empty -- no content. This is using my custom rcs.pm which has been used thousands of times. > Have you rebuilt the cgi wrapper since you upgraded ikiwiki? AFAIK I > fixed a bug that could result in the edit box always being empty back in > version 2.3. The only other way it could happen is if ikiwiki does not > have saved state about the page that it's editing (in .ikiwiki/index). >> Rebuilt it several times. Now that I think of it, I think my early problem of having >> no content in the textbox was before I rebuilt the cgi. And after I rebuilt the whole webpage was empty. Now I regenerated my ikiwiki.cgi again (no change to my configuration, and I just get an empty HTML page when attempting editing or "create". > If the page is completly empty then ikiwiki is crashing before it can > output anything, though this seems unlikely. Check the webserver logs. Now I see it created directories for my data. I fixed that by setting usedirs (I see that is in the release notes for 2.0) and rerunning ikiwiki --setup but I still have empty pages for editing (no textbox no html at all). > Is IkiWiki crashing? If so, it would probably leave error text in the apache logs. --[[TaylorKillian]] >> Not using apache. Nothing useful in logs other thn the HTTP return codes are "0" and bytes is "-" >> on the empty ikiwiki.cgi output (should say " 200 " followed by bytes). >>> You need to either figure out what your web server does with stderr >>> from cgi programs, or run ikiwiki.cgi at the command line with an >>> appropriate environment so it thinks it's being called from a web >>> server, so you can see how it's failing. --[[Joey]] (I am posting this now, but will do some research and post some more.) Is there any webpage with upgrade steps? > Users are expected to read [[news]], which points out any incompatible > changes or cases where manual action is needed. >> I read it but read the usedirs option wrong :(. >> Also it appears to be missing the news from between 1.40 to 2.0 unless they dont' exist. >> If they do exist maybe they have release notes I need? >>> All the old ones are in the NEWS file. --[[Joey]] --JeremyReed My followup: I used a new ikiwiki.setup based on the latest version. But no changes for me. Also I forgot to mention that do=recentchanges works good for me. It uses my rcs_recentchanges in my rcs perl module. The do=prefs does nothing though -- just a blank webpage. > You need to figure out why ikiwiki is crashing. The webserver logs should > tell you. I also set verbose => 1 and running ikiwiki --setup was verbose, but no changes in running CGI. I was hoping for some output. I am guessing that my rcs perl module stopped working on the upgrade. I didn't notice any release notes on changes to revision control modules. Has something changed? I will also look. > No, the rcs interface has not needed to change in a long time. Also, > nothing is done with the rcs for do=prefs. >> Thanks. I also checked differences between 1.40 Rcs plugins and didn't notice anything significant. --JeremyReed Another Followup: I created a new ikiwiki configuration and did the --setup to create an entirely different website. I have same problem there. No prompt for password and empty webpage when using the cgi. I never upgraded any perl modules so maybe a new perl module is required but I don't see any errors so I don't know. The only errors I see when building and installing ikiwiki are: Can't exec "otl2html": No such file or directory at IkiWiki/Plugin/otl.pm line 66. gettext 0.14 too old, not updating the pot file I don't use GNU gettext on here. I may need to revert back to my old ikiwiki install which has been used to thousands of times (with around 1000 rcs commits via ikiwiki). --JeremyReed I downgraded to version 1.40 (that was what I had before I wrote wrong above). Now ikiwiki is working for me again (but using 1.40). I shouldn't have tested on production system :) --JeremyReed I am back. On a different system, I installed ikiwiki 2.6.1. Same problem -- blank CGI webpage. So I manually ran with: REQUEST_METHOD=GET QUERY_STRING='do=create&page=jcr' kiwiki.cgi And clearly saw the error: [IkiWiki::main] Fatal: Bad template engine CGI::FormBuilder::Template::div: Can't locate CGI/FormBuilder/Template/div.pm So I found my version was too old and 3.05 is the first to provide "Div" support. I upgraded my p5-CGI-FormBuilder to 3.0501. And ikiwiki CGI started working for me. The Ikiwiki docs about this requirement got removed in Revision 4367. There should be a page that lists the requirements. (I guess I could have used the debian/control file.) > There is a page, [[install]] documents that 3.05 is needed. >> Sorry, I missed that. With hundreds of wikipages it is hard to read all of them. >> I am updating the download page now to link to it. I am now using ikiwiki 2.6.1 on my testing system. --JeremyReed